Auto Insurance in Petaluma and Sonoma County, CA
Car insurance is there to protect you from the financial losses that might result from unexpected vehicle issues—wrecks, theft, accident lawsuits and more. You could face high recovery costs if you were to run into one of these issues.
Without adequate car insurance, you might have to pay for these expenses fully out-of-pocket, which can add up quickly. Since policies offer various types of protection, it is important to talk to an agent at Don Ramatici Insurance, Inc. to create a policy that meets your needs at any time.
Auto Insurance Coverage
Our network of auto insurance carriers offers policies that provide the latest and most expansive auto insurance coverage options available on the market.
While some coverages may be required, depending on where you live and whether you’ve financed your vehicle, others may be just as important. Here’s a list of the most common types of coverages that you may want to consider purchasing:
- Collision insurance—This type of coverage helps cover damage costs if you are in a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability insurance—This type of coverage insures you against damage you may cause to others and their property if you are at fault in a wreck. Most states require you to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance to operate your vehicle. There are two types of liability insurance:
- Property damage liability helps pay for damages to the other driver’s property (e.g., their car).
- Bodily injury liability helps pay for the other driver’s medical bills (and death benefits, if applicable).
- Comprehensive insurance—This type of coverage protects you against damages costs from non-accident issues like theft or weather damage.
- Medical payments (MedPay) insurance—This type of coverage can assist you in paying for your medical bills or those of your passengers if you are involved in an accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) insurance—This type of coverage, which is only available in certain states, provides similar coverage to MedPay, but goes a step further and can help provide wage replacement, as well as cover substitute services and funeral expenses. Ask your insurer whether this coverage is available and/or required where you live.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—If you are involved in a wreck with someone who does not have adequate insurance coverage, this type of coverage will help cover the cost of damages the other person caused to you or your vehicle. Depending on where you live, your state may require you to carry minimum amounts of uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage.
Ask your agent about including other perks in your plan, such as:
- Accident Forgiveness
- Roadside Assistance
- Specialty Auto Insurance
- 24-hour Customer Service
- Rental Reimbursement
- Auto Insurance Cost
How much your auto insurance will cost will vary. Your auto insurance policy premium will be determined by many different factors, such as:
- Marital status
- Credit history
- Claims history
- Driving history
- Years of experience
- Where you live
- Vehicle value
- Chosen policy limits and deductibles
Contact us today to get a no-obligation quote or to sign up for coverage.
Understanding how much auto insurance you may need is complex. Each state has different laws about the legal minimums for your auto insurance coverage. You must purchase a minimum amount of coverage to drive legally. Additionally, if you’ve financed your vehicle, your lender may require that you carry specific amounts of coverage. Call us today to learn more about how much auto insurance may be right for you.
Keeping Our Clients Protected
At Don Ramatici Insurance, Inc., we take your car insurance needs seriously, and we know how to ask the important questions to make sure we help you find the right policy for your situation. We provide motorists in Petaluma, CA and the surrounding areas with tailored auto insurance.
Contact us for more information!