Condo Insurance in Petaluma and Sonoma County, CA
Protect More Than Just Your Possessions.
Condominiums, or condos, are a great alternative to renting an apartment or owning a single-family home. Owning a condo offers you the financial perks of full homeownership without the maintenance and upkeep responsibilities. But they have their own unique insurance needs as well.
Though your condo homeowners association (HOA) might provide a master insurance plan, this general benefit will not offer you the specific protection you need within your individual unit. This is why a personal insurance plan is of best interest for you and your condo, and Don Ramatici Insurance is here to help you get it.
Understanding Condominium Insurance
Individual unit owners do not fully own condo buildings as a whole. Condominium insurance (often called an HO-6 plan) is effectively homeowners insurance that doesn’t burden the policyholder with coverage for the portions of the dwelling they don’t own. It will only provide benefits for the parts of the property that are the owner’s responsibility.
Your policy can provide coverage in case of any number of hazardous events, such as:
- Fires and explosions
- Hail storms
- Slips, falls and injuries sustained in your home
- Vandalism and malicious mischief
- Water-related accidents and damage (e.g., burst pipes)
Your policy will offer personal property, liability, loss of income and other essential coverage. However, you won’t have to buy dwelling insurance unless you are obligated to do so due to the coverage already provided by your HOA’s master policy.
There are three ways HOA benefits might cover your dwelling:
- Bare Walls Coverage: Your association’s coverage will only insure the structure from the bare walls outward. It does not cover most of the fixtures and appliances in your individual unit.
- Single Entity Coverage: This benefit expands on bare walls coverage by offering the added benefit of covering certain fixtures within your dwelling.
- All-in Coverage: As the most comprehensive form of a master policy, this benefit will provide coverage for all of the fixtures, additions and upgrades to the unit, which frees the owner from the need to provide coverage themselves.
When putting together your condo policy, you should speak to your association manager about their master plan and how that will influence your overall need for dwelling coverage.
Protect Your Home
Don Ramatici Insurance provides condo insurance to clients in Petaluma County, Sonoma County, and the surrounding areas. Many factors will determine what kind of condo insurance is right for you, such as where your home is and what materials were used to construct the building. Call us to get the coverage you need at a price you can afford.
Don’t put off planning in the event of a disaster for your home. Contact the team at Don Ramatici Insurance to request a free quote on the insurance policy of your choice.